NOTICE: The PAS application will be unavailable from 12:30 PM Saturday, August 22, 2015
thru 7:30 AM Monday, August 24, 2015 due to scheduled maintenance.
Permit Application System (PAS)
Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has developed a new Permit Application System (PAS)
which allows customers to apply for and pay for permits online. PAS has enhanced features such as GIS Routing
and Account Profiles. As of May 4, 2015, PAS allows customers to self-issue trip permits up to 16 feet wide, 14 feet 6 inches high
and 120 feet long. Annual (Blanket) permits are still sent by U.S. Mail only. Customers are not required to utilize PAS to
obtain a permit however, FDOT does encourage its use for streamlined permit processing.
Please contact the Permit Office at (850) 410-5777 with any questions.
PAS-ISA User Demo Please view the
PAS-ISA User Demo to assist with the use of the new system.|
*New* Wrecker Permit Update
* Axle Spacing and Weight information is no longer required on the permit application
* All wreckers will operate under TTT Map # 1
* There is a new category for Heavy Wreckers labeled HW-1 and HW-2
* HW-1 and HW-2 configurations are not required to have a minimum number of axles nor wheelbase,
do not have a maximum gross vehicle weight limit and do not have a defined number of axles within a grouping
* The axle weights of the towed (disabled vehicle) must be legal for the HW-1 and HW-2 configurations
* Wrecker vehicles which cannot meet any of the configurations described in the "Wreckers Weight Restriction
Chart" dated 7/31/15 must operate under a trip permit
Effective 7/31/15, FDOT has made the following modifications to the permit process for wreckers: